Monday, February 11, 2013

Movie Monday: Geyser Gazing Preseason Teaser

Hey everyone sorry there wasn't a Blast From the Past this Saturday, the post I was going to publish had some information that I was unsure if the USGS would appreciate it being put out in public. So I sent a email to my supervisor and advisor at CVO to ask if it was ok if I could publish it. Hopefully I'll get an email back this week. Anyways...It's Movie Monday!!!


Spring is just around the corner, and that means there's only a couple months left until the summer operating seasons begins in Yellowstone National Park. On April 19, the road from the West Entrance to all of the Geyser Basins open, and Geyser Gazing can begin. This video was put together by my fellow geyser gazer and good friend Will Boekel to celebrate geyser gazing and get us excited for what this season has to offer. Last season definitely was a blast (pun intended), and I'll be touching on that during my annual Thermal Thursdays. Until then, enjoy the video! My question is how many different geysers can you name? Comment below! No cheating!

No comments:

Post a Comment