Friday, April 1, 2016

Micah the Wildcat, a new chapter for Geologic Adventures

Hello readers,

For the past several months, Geologic Adventures has been dominated by my work with the Kitsap Waterfall Survey. For the time being, that project must come to a temporary halt. This week I started a new quarter at Central Washington University, signalling the beginning of a new chapter for my life. I've left behind the crashing cascades and green ferns of the Puget Sound region and am now writing this post in the hot, semi-arid climate at the eastern foot of the cascade range. 30 minutes away, the mighty Columbia River meanders past the massive basaltic flows of the Columbia Flood Basalt province which covers 40% of Washington State, erupted some 17 million years ago.

For those of you who have been following this blog for updates on the Kitsap Waterfall Survey. Do not fear! The survey is not over. I have plans to continue my waterfall investigations whenever I go back to Kitsap County to visit between school quarters. So the survey will be continuing, just at a much slower pace than before.

Back to the present, I am currently taking three geology courses at Central Washington: Geomorphology, Stratigraphy, and Geology of the Pacific Northwest. All three of these classes have field trips associated with them. So this blog will have plenty of content to be filled with as the next ten weeks progress.

I'm excited for this next step in life, and am looking forward to sharing my geologic adventures with all of you!

Micah

The Wildcat of Central Washington University





No comments:

Post a Comment